We try to anticipate questions you might have and provide the answers here. If you need additional information, please email us at email@example.com.
Here at "I Know CPR," Inc., we understand the concerns surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19. We also understand the importance of staying current on your certificates to continue working and to keep your communities safe and healthy. To serve your training needs, we have adapted our courses to meet all CDC mandates both in-person, virtually, and with hybrid options- a two part alternative would consist of video based learning completed online from any location with internet and a hands on skills check with an instructor. Updates and cancellations will be notified via email.
Please reach out to our office with any questions or to reschedule.
AHA Card Extensions: Those with AHA Provider and Instructor cards that expired in March and April, and those with cards expiring at the end of May and June can renew their card for up to 120 days from the recommended renewal date on their card.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all our students who trust us with their training we are taking every precaution possible. During this time "I Know CPR," Inc.'s COVID-19 Training Precautions include, but are not limited to:
- All equipment used in our classes is disinfected with CDC-approved COVID-19 disinfecting solutions, either in spray or wipe form. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, pens, display manuals, DVDs, DVD remotes, all AV equipment, tourniquets, AEs, and manikins.
- We require potential particpants who have a cough or shortness of breath, or two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell sensation DO NOT enter the training area.
- "I Know CPR" will follow the government order or CDC recommendation on masks. Currently, it is required that all participants wear masks at all times in the training area. Participants must wear their own masks, "I Know CPR" will not be providing masks.
- "I Know CPR" requires all participants to have a non-touch temperature check of their forehead prior to entry into the training area. Individuals with temperatures greater than 100.4 or who refuse their temperature check will not be allowed in the training.
- Regardless of class size "I Know CPR" requires 6ft spacing between participants. Participants paths will cross, but we want each participant's practice area and seating to be 6ft apart. Maximum attendance will be limited by room size, spacing, and ventilation, and will be decided by the instructor of the training.
- "I Know CPR," Inc. staff will arrive early to classes and will disinfect high participant touch areas. We appreciate if the host can help us supply cleaning wipes and hand disinfectant.
- Manuals will be handed to each participant by our instructors wearing gloves. We ask that our participants not touch any equipment without instructor direction.
- The hosting company is responsible for class attendance log of all employees, students, and visitors attending the training. This log must be retained for at least four weeks. The log must include the name, phone number, and email address of all employees, students, and visitors. Visitors are strongly discouraged. "I Know CPR" will not bring outside visitor/participants to our classes. For log purposes, our phone number is 360-651-7502, and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The instructor will cover all required aspects of each course. However, due to the risk of COVID-19 cross contamination, participants will simulate giving breaths, but not practice breathing into the manikins during rescue breaths. Healthcare providers will practice mouth-mask simulations and will practice bag-mask techniques. Instructors will emphasize the importance of rescue breaths when using proper barriers and will demonstrate rescue breaths.
- Hosting businesses will be responsible for any disinfecting or cleanup following the conclusion of the training.
Stay educated and mindful. Below are helpful links for more information: